Friday, November 9, 2012

Waiting and Waiting

I have nothing to take my mind off of my phone.  Well actually, my silent phone that doesn't have job offers pouring in. Or better yet, my phone that hasn't received a single interview request.  I've only checked my email 1, 000 times today.  Maybe the 1, 001 time will be the one that says, "We would like to schedule an interview."  This is not an exaggeration at all!  Despite my saying that I plan to work independently, I am still very interested in a regular, full-time opportunity. That is why I find myself so disappointed in the way things are panning out for me. 

In addition to checking my email like a maniac for 90% the day, I've been trying to convince myself that maybe they have attempted to call me, but have been unable to reach me.  Yeah right! But there is actually some logic to this crazy notion...While my are code is the same as the area code of the locations that I am patiently awaiting response from, my cell was actually purchased in a different city.  This means that anyone that wants to call from a land line will actually have to dial the area code + number.  I don't know if this is truly the case, but the possibility does make me feel a little bit better.  Maybe, just maybe, it isn't my experience.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment