Monday, August 15, 2011

To my cousin...

I can't believe it's been two years already. I find myself unable to fall asleep thinking of what today really is. I have been thinking of you so much these last few days. Thinking of how you called me days before the surgery to talk about plans you had for the future, including plans to start a family at 27. I just find it so hard to accept that God had other plans for you. I know that our plans come secondary to God's, but I don't understand how he could've taken you from us.
I remember your kindergarten graduation like it was yesterday. I cried like a baby over the fact that you were leaving me behind. You never let me forget it either! Who knows how many times you reminded me of that day. I remember our dads coming in really late one 4th of July and waking us up so that they could show us how not to do fireworks!
I can't type these memories without shedding tears. I miss you so much! I miss seeing you smile everytime you came around. I can't think of a single time seeing you angry. You were always so cheerful, sometimes saying the weirdest things.
When you had the stroke and I came to the hospital to visit you, I knew it was serious, but I was more thinking of the fact that you were young and would bounce back. The whole tome I'm visiting with, and in subsequent conversations, I'm pushing for you to get the surgery. I remember you telling me that you were scared, but I just knew that was the cure-all. I can't help but think that you knew something that we didn't, and that you wanted another year or so with us.
I could go on forever but what I really want to express is how much I love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment