Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Blah...

Lately I'm having trouble determining what really matters, aside from the obvious of course.  Life has gone nothing like I planned for it to go immediately following my high school graduation.  I never dreamed that I would be one of the girls to had a child out of wedlock, but I did.  I never dreamed that I would make such poor relationship choices, but I have.  I would never have guessed that I would not have earned a degree of some sort by now, but I haven't.  In my life I've made so many left turns that sometimes I sometimes question the purpose of it all.  Will there be some huge prize for me once it's all over, or will it all be for nothing other than the amusement of others?  I try to remember that failure isn't an option, but what exactly am I trying to accomplish?  Really, what's the purpose?  I get a degree, get into my career, (maybe get married), and work until I eventually retire?  Then what?

I guess I'm just having an interesting week.  Maybe I'll be a little bit more optimistic tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment