Sunday, December 2, 2012

Taking Control

For starters, I haven't written because the hard drive on the computer that I bought a couple months ago is just no more.  My phone's browser doesn't support the site, so that wasn't an option either. 

Next, I was not the most qualified for the position that I hoped to attain.  I've got to say that it really hurt to read the email that broke the news to me.  It honestly took everything in me to keep from crying.  Since I've graduated and received all of these messages that have basically let me know that I'm never qualified, or that someone else is better qualified, I've been feeling very inadequate.  I really don't know how to feel about these constant disappointments.  I will say that I'm tired of not feeling like I'm good enough when I know that I am.  I am very well capable of exceeding the expectations of those that won't give me a chance.

Finally, I've fallen too far behind in my online classes with no computer.  Sure, I could have  used the library that is in walking distance, but that would've been too easy.  Unfortunately, the library's computers don't have the very expensive software required for my courses.  So, that idea quickly left. 

Well, there's the BAD news!!!

On to the beginning that I've created for myself.  I've decided to go ahead with  my idea to offer my services to funeral homes in the area, creating funeral programs.  I've contacted several funeral homes in the area that said that I can drop off my samples and prices.  I'm very excited, and very hopeful that this may be the move that I needed to make.  I will be going to print my samples today, and dropping by the funeral homes tomorrow.  FINGERS CROSSED!!!

In addition to the funeral programs, I've also posted craigslist ads directed towards small businesses offering my Marketing/Advertising services.  We'll see how that goes...With craigslist, you never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment