Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Getting older

I believe that most people often wish they could go back to the days when worries were so simple.  The days when you thought it was the end of the world simply because you were put on punishment and couldn't watch your favorite show before going to bed.  Or the days when you just knew you would be punished for a low score, or not cleaning your room, or something that you look at now as trivial.  I miss those days so much, and did not appreciate them at all when I was actually living them. The funny thing is I still remember my mom telling me that I would.  And I would swear that she didn't know what she was talking about.  I just wanted to grow up, and be able to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it.  Now that I'm of age, I still see so many boundaries, in fact maybe more.  Then my only boundary was really my age, now there's previous obligations, deadlines, and most importantly COST.  By cost, I'm not just talking money.  I'm referring to all of the opportunity costs.  I'm just looking at the things that I give up on the daily basis to achieve things that I feel are important, and beneficial.  I can honestly say that I've taken the scenic route when it comes to my college career, but truthfully, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I just have to remind myself that I will get what I deserve in due time.  


Although I do wish sometimes that simplicity was right around the corner. I miss the days of lying in my mom's bed when I was ill, or going to my 'Big Ma' to look at old pictures, or knowing that tomorrow everything was going to be ok, etc.  Now, it seems that life is filled with so many uncertainties.  Simplicity is now a distant st ranger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment